Sunday, March 19, 2006

RESEARCH : The Ronin

My first recollection of seeing The Ronins work was at a ShortCircuits screening in November last year. But on visiting his site I realsied that I had actually seen quite a few of his works in various magazines and on other websites.



His motion graphics never fail to amaze me. A majority of his pieces contain a subtle use of 3d to amazing effect. When combined with the ambient and slightly disturbing audio supplied by DOSC his works take on a kind of artificiall intelligence, complete with glitching and interference - check out his show reel to see what I mean!



Black Day to Freedom was the piece I seen at ShortCircuits. This piece created as a trailer for the first issue of Beyond™ magazine, a publication of which Rob Chiu [TheRonin] is a cofounder along with Professor Glen Hardaker.

"Beyond™ addresses social issues via illustration, design and motion thus raising the awareness of the subject via a unique informal learning route."



Rob has also created animations for the University of Huddersfield's Learning + Teaching Innovation Unit.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home